If the ExcelNow! for Macs ribbon is not visible in Excel, then use the following steps to enable it:
- Open the Add-In dialog in Excel by going to Tools –> Excel Add-Ins… in the MenuBar
- The following dialog should appear:
- Click the checkmark next to ExcelNow! for Macs and click OK
- The ribbon should now be visible in Excel 2016
If ExcelNow! for Macs is not visible in the Add-In dialog, then please follow these additional instructions below:
If the ExcelNow! for Macs option is not showing up in the Add-In dialog box from within Excel, then follow the steps below to try and manually add it. Please note: these steps require a working knowledge of the Mac file structure and dialog boxes. Please only continue if you feel comfortable carrying out these steps.
The first thing you must do is ensure that the User Library is visible. To do this:
- Open a Finder window
- Go to your Home folder by either of the methods below:
- Click Go –> Home in the Apple menubar
- Use the following key combinations: shift-cmd-H
- Once you’re in the Home folder, right click anywhere in the white space and select Show View Options in the pop-up dialog box
- You should now see a folder titled Library under your Home Folder, as shown in the screenshot below:
The next thing you must do is validate the ExcelNow! files were successfully copied to your Mac. To do this:
- From the home screen, navigate to the following location: Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content/Add-Ins
NOTE 1: If the location above does not exist, it indicates the ExcelNow! files were not properly copied to your Mac. Please exit these instructions and retry the installation.
NOTE 2: You may have multiple “User Content” or “Add-Ins” folders. If so, one is considered a “localized” version and has an extension of .localized, which may or not be visible, depending on your computer settings. Please check all of the folder trees that resemble this location, with or with .localized extensions. As long as you have one full folder tree that resolves to the above, with or without the .localized extension, then please continue with these instructions.
- Ensure that the ExcelNow! files exist within the folder listed above. You should see a file titled ExcelNow! for Macs.xlam and a folder titled ExcelNow! Files. Both of these must exist and reside in the above folder location. Please refer also to Note 2 above – so long as these files reside in one of the Add-Ins folders, with or without a .localized extension, then you are OK to proceed. If they do not, then the install package did not successfully copy all files over; please exit these instructions and retry the installation.
Last, you need to manually point Excel to the Add-In location. To do this:
- Open Excel (2016 or later)
- Open the Add-In dialog by selecting Tools –> Excel Add-Ins… from the Excel MenuBar
- From the Add-Ins dialog, click Browse the button in the lower left-hand corner
- To locate the ExcelNow! add in file, by navigating to the above folder location from your Home folder. If you are not at your Home folder by default, or it isn’t in your Favorites, then use the key combination shift-cmd-H to move to the Home folder. From there, navigate to: Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content/Add-Ins while taking note of NOTE 2 above.
- Select the ExcelNow! for Macs.xlam file and click Open.
- You should now see ExcelNow! for Macs as a selected Add-In in the Add-Ins dialog.
- Click OK
- The ExcelNow! for Macs ribbon should now be visible.